Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September 17: Sara Hey.


Kate and Grace are adorable. I mean, that's obvious. But one thing that they do is just so precious to me. If they're separated for any amount of time and then they see each other, they yell "SISSYYYY!" It's the best. If you ask them where their sissy is, they will run to each other and hug or hold hands or something. So cute. 

So anyway, I am so glad to have my "sissy" near me again. It's been a really long time since I've been this close to my sister (distance-wise)...like 6 years or so. My sister is my best friend and I love her so much. We are alike in a lot of ways and always have fun together. So, it's definitely on the 'pro' list for Chicago that she's just a ten minute walk away from me. 

I'm taking online classes this semester and one of those classes is US History. I hate history. I always have. After this class, I will never have to deal with it again. Online classes are a little frustrating in themselves but I enjoy my sociology class WAY more than my history class. Anyway, I was having a rough night with my history homework and had just done terrible on a test. I was talking to my sister and she had me come over just to have some company while I worked on my homework. 

I worked my way through it after a few pep talks and tons of high fives. Oh and one extremely beautiful and artistic "Congrats on doing your homework" card, handcrafted by Sara, of course. 

To say the least, I am extremely grateful to be so close to my sister...distance wise and relationally. We get each other. Always have. Always will. 

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment