Sunday, August 18, 2013

August 18th

It has been way too long. The ER thing happened and then I had a terrible cold and then life happened and here we are. Finally.

This last week or so has been great. Obviously I love my job and I still have yet to get tired of the girls.. (it's never going to happen). Even when they're screaming and throwing temper tantrums, I am simply happy to be holding them and happy to be near them. I love Chicago.

And I am thankful for FaceTime. Through FaceTime I have been able to see my mom and my friends' faces pretty regularly.

Since before I moved up here, I have been praying that I'd be able to find a community group of some sort that I could get connected with. I figured a small group through a church or something. Today I went to a new church, Church in the Loop, which is not too far from me (only four stops away on the L). This morning I decided to be adventurous and try it out on my own, while navigating the streets of Chicago and the oh-so-foriegn public transportation system. Yes, I was praying for protection on my way down to the train. Yes, I was fine. Yes, I did get lost. Yes, I did walk an extra mile. And yes, I was half an hour late. BUT! I made it. And it was awesome.

It's a brand new church-I was one of eight people there today. But the pastor (who went to William Jewel and calls KC his second home) has a huge heart for the city and has an amazing vision for his church...a vision that I am so excited to be a part of. I am going to start leading worship (!!!!). God has really answered my prayers by bringing me to this church. I have found Jesus-loving people who are down to earth and have a heart for seeing good things happen. I love my new community!

That's all for tonight. I start school tomorrow and have a full day with the girls!

Here's some photos!


someone stole my camera.





we love puppies and pictures


grace emery




eyes :)


favorite


it was so funny!


playing with benny the bull, of course



such a ham


yes the box is definitely a chair




mama, this is my taco salad! you asked me to take a picture for you :) 

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment