Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5th: My first day on the job.

Today is the day that I officially became Kate and Grace's nanny. It. Was. Awesome. I love hanging out with the girls and it was a total plus that they napped for about five hours total during my time with them. They were so great. I know that most days won't be this easy, but I loved it while it lasted.

We went to the park today which was a blast. I met some people, including a retired professor from Mizzou, which was pretty cool. A bird almost attacked me, though, so that was terrifying.

I hate birds.

But then we went home, read books, and made a fort...which, naturally, I had the most fun with. The girls tore it down, laid down on the blanket, and said "night night" which prompted their last nap of the day. (fine by me!)

I am just loving the fact that I get to go back tomorrow..and the next day..and the next day.. (:
This city is where I am supposed to be.

So once I was done with the girls today (which was a sad goodbye from Grace) I went to my "house" and made dinner. No recipes. Just going with it. And let me tell ya. DELISH.

I took pictures. Here they are.


I cut up a zucchini, yellow squash, sweet potato, and normal potato. 
So many fun flavors!


Gotta get a little protein. :)


Don't mind how gross I look. 
Remember, it was my first day as a nanny!


Added some frozen red and green pepper and onion for extra flavor!


just a liiiiiitle bit of chicken. or turkey. or whatever it was.


Gluten-free, of course.


pop that in the oven!


I was super hungry, so I thew together this strawberry banana smoothie to have while I was cooking.


I checked. It's chicken.


The final product! The pasta turned out gross because I was feeling a little too adventurous with it. Dairy-free cheese totally helped. I LOVED this meal. So easy and so good. (And healthy, too!)

-Kristen

Listening to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_2qG22SPwU&list=RD02mMVvqI1-tM4

Check it out. it's good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment