Saturday, August 3, 2013

August 2nd & 3rd: Getting comfortable.

Days in Chicago fly by. I probably couldn't even tell you what I did today. 

But I owe you a story. Here's a tale about a girl who lost her keys right after she moved in.

So, when we got here (me and my mumsy) I sat down with my building manager, Ashley (who is the best!) and went through some leftover paperwork. She handed me my keys and we were good to move in. We went up and came back down to meet Sara, Austin, and the girls. They all came back up and when we went to leave, I wanted to make sure I had my keys. I looked in my pocket. Nothing. I looked in my other pocket. Nothing. I looked in my purse. Nothing. I asked Austin if he had it. You get the point. I couldn't find it anywhere. I looked at my mom, trying not to freak out. We looked for a good ten minutes with no avail. I swallowed my pride and walked down to the business office. "So, I had my keys in the door and now they're gone. I don't remember taking them out and we can't find them anywhere." She was great. She said to not worry about it and that they could get someone to change out the whole lock mechanism soon. I went back upstairs to look one more time. I asked God to show me where it is and then I felt my pockets one more time. And there it was - in that tiny pocket that no one ever uses for anything. Oh, jeans company. You got me.

So that's that story! 

This morning (okay, I lied earlier.), my mum and I met Sara and the girls at the park and had a wonderful time! (Except for one boy who kept insisting that the park isn't for babies and that the girls needed to get off his playground...Well, I TOLD HIM!) Anyways, here are some cute pictures from the playground.




blowing kisses, of course.







Today was fun and I can't wait for tomorrow! 
-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment